Rain, Shine, Blue skies and my sleepy head!

Hey hey hey everyone, I know this time I have crossed the limits of laziness and everything else. I have been this lazy! So I gotta fill you in on everything that's been up with me.



Hmm, so I got back to college after a freaking long summer, so long that I didn't even like it anymore!


A lotta excitement in the train, for there was a whole war going on in college for single rooms for the final years which had been denied last moment, less than a week before college was opening. Apparently people went sat outside the administrative block to protest. I missed it all because I was still in the train. That saved me the trouble of shifting to the newly allotted rooms and then back to the initially allotted ones with all the luggage.



Talking about luggage, I just couldn't figure why my bags were so freaking heavy! Even my tall, strong friends complained this time! Add to that my sprained neck (did I tell you about my car crash this summer?) and I ended up spending a fortune on the porters. :(

Back to college, first day was nightmare - registration!

With only one ATM working and the whole college wanting to pay up that day while only the final years really needed to, there was a war between the final years, some girls who believed they should get to go first and the rest!! There was a big line outside the ATM and a crowd so big inside it that it seemed like the walls of the ATM would give away; and then there was the heat, the sweat, the stench, and all that! Someone compared the machine to a gang-bang and the view from the outside was pretty convincing :P 


I got my turn after spending some 3-4 hours in the line, with a couple of final years blocking the ATM entrance so that we could register before the day ended!

While still in the ATM line, we got texts with guess..placement offers! Starting with Texas Instruments and General Electric. They were coming to campus in a week! and we had to give in our names immediately and attend a talk that evening. Suddenly there was excitement and something to look forward to.

After the ATM, the rest of the process was pretty quick this time, a BIG surprise yea!! Yet I had to run to and fro a couple of times for after 2 years of registering very efficiently and all by myself, I was unbelievably messed up this time and kept forgetting one document or the other!
The placement talk was damn boring and we had to run back at 7 for we still have the curfew :(

And then I had a room to clean and cartons to shift, all by myself. By next morning, my neck pain was back in its full spirit!

Well so that was day one, S7 @ NITC. The major thing that's been up since that day has been 'placements' and I'll write all about it in my next post, which will be up in another half an hour I guess ;)

1 comments:

s said...

Even the thought of the first day of a sem is a pain...long queues and registration process! But the feeling of being a final year is great! Nice to hear that companies are back with cool offers!