To the guy who invented 'Ketchup'...cheers!!!


God bless the guy who invented ketchup!
Back in school, I was known for the amount of ketchup I ate with my sandwich for lunch! In fact, I sometimes had stuff just so that I could have ketchup with it!!
At home, ketchup used to be a lifesaver - I'd drown everything that refused to go down my food-pipe otherwise in ketchup, from spinach to bottle gourds!!
However there was one thing I never used ketchup on: Domino's pizza. That was one taste so divine I wouldn't compromise even for ketchup!! ;)
But two years in college and I can't remember the last time I totally totally drowned something in ketchup; for the so-called-ketchup they serve in and around NITC would send Mr.Ketchup turning in his grave if there ever was a Mr.Ketchup that is! :P

4 comments:

Dheeraj Sayala said...

Hehe.. Its not just the ketchup in and around NITC, its the food altogether..
I still remember the taste of 'saas' they served with maggis and 'doblattach'es in our MC..
I and my mom made tomoto sauce for some dish and it wasnt a big failure.. :)
Try it, if u enjoy cooking :D


Here is a joke from PulpFiction..

Three tomatoes are walking down the street - a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and squishes him... and says, 'Ketchup.'Uma Thurman hesitates to tell the joke feeling that its bad.. But, I felt it was really good.. :P

Anonymous said...

i've been wondering what exactly to call that thing they serve here in god's own country ... (yeah ... its not just NITC ... almost everywhere in kerala, you end up getting the same thing) ... don't know whether to call it tomato ketchup or tomato soup ... because its neither ...

Pankaj Singh said...

That just reminds me of our pondy "kejjup". Consistency and taste weren't the only problems, you had to get over its obnoxious pink color too. (i know you like pink, but am sure pink ketchup can't be your style)

And about the Pulp Fiction joke, i thought i understood why Uma Thurman hesitated. 'Coz it really is a bad one. :)

Quest said...

Ketchup is the only natural source of tomato for me....as I don't intake it in any other form :D

The people at MC have devised methods to dilute ketchup without even opening their tops :D ingenious idea at work....

Cost cutting started even before recession @NITC MC, all possess a natural foresight for these things in sight to ring the cash registers....